Texas is the fifth-largest wine-producing state in the U.S., and Grapevine has served as a trendsetter and leader with award-winning wineries and winemakers. Grapevine is home to the premier Urban Wine Trail in Texas, as well as the Texas Wine and Grape Growers Association and GrapeFest®, the largest wine festival in the Southwest, held annually in September. Many of Grapevine’s urban wineries offer an ideal setting for small weddings and private functions.
Check out one of these fantastic finds along Grapevine’s Urban Wine Trail.
- Cross Timbers Winery – Set in the historic Dorris/Brock home, one of the oldest structures in Grapevine, Cross Timbers Winery offers a unique wine tasting experience, featuring 11 varietals grown in the High Plains. Some favorites include Texas Blush, Grapevine White and Stone Cold Sparkling Wine. Surrounded by centuries-old Oak and Pecan trees, the outdoor facilities feature a relaxed setting to enjoy wine tastings. Cross Timbers also features a selection of wines from Casa Madero, the oldest winery in the Western Hemisphere, located in Parras de la Fuente, Mexico, one of Grapevine’s Sister Cities. 805 N. Main St.
- Delaney Vineyards & Winery – The largest vineyard in North Texas, the 8,000 square foot winery is reminiscent of an 18th century French chateau nestled among 10 acres of lush grapevines. Tastings, special events and more allow wine aficionados and those just discovering Texas wines to enjoy this amazing venue. Offering two varietals and three blends, some of the most popular selections include Cynthiana, Muscat Canelli and Texas Claret. 2000 Champagne Blvd.
- D’Vine Wine – Experience the ambiance of D’Vine Wine on Grapevine’s Historic Main Street. Featuring more than 32 different wines in production, D’Vine Wine offers daily wine tastings, a wide variety of wine accessories, the Night Watchman Ghost Tour and custom winemaking experiences where guests can make their own wine. Popular choices include Midnight Onyx, Boot Scootin’ Blush and Sangiovese. 409 S. Main St.
- Homestead Winery – Just a block of Grapevine’s Historic Main Street, this 100-year old Victorian home offers daily tastings and wine accessories. Make sure to stop by for the Wine Downs on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Fan favorites include Prairie Rose, Moonshadow and Rose of Ivanhoe. While there, don’t forget to write your name on the wall. 211 E. Worth St.
- Messina Hof Grapevine Winery – Slated to open in late 2014, Messina Hof Winery is located in the replica of the Wallis Hotel and offers a cozy 19th century environment. Messina Hof Winery, one of the most highly regarded and awarded Texas wineries, is a family-owned business. Featuring more than 50 wines from 28 different varietals, favorites include Private Reserve, Papa Paulo Port, Private Reserve Cab Franc and Solera Sherry. Be sure to check out the Enomatic Wine Dispenser and all the unique wine accessories they offer. One Liberty Park Plaza.
- Sloan & Williams Winery – Recently opened, Sloan & Williams Winery offers wines produced from carefully selected, certified fruits. Featuring seven varietals and three blends, favorites include Serendipity, Sangiovese and Symphony. Make sure to enjoy a glass of wine on their pet-friendly patio or try their amazing wine ice cream. 112 E. Texas St.
- Su Vino Winery – Fans of all things wine-related will love a stop at Su Vino. Don’t miss the unique wine gifts, wine stoppers and accessories, along with a variety of award-winning wines. Offering more than 20 varietals, favorites include the Cheeky Monkey, Almond Sparkling Wine or the Strawberry Blonde. 120 S. Main St.
- Umbra Winery – Opening in Grapevine in 2014, Umbra Winery features more than a dozen spectacular wines produced from only the highest quality grapes their partner vineyards in Texas and the Northwest have to offer. With primary production facilities in Little Elm, Texas, the Umbra team has been crafting award-winning wines since 2005. Now situated in the heart of Historic Main Street, the folks at Umbra’s newest location invite you to enjoy a glass of their Red Fusion, Pinot Gris or one of their many other award-winning wines. 415 S. Main St.
- Sweetheart Wine Trail — February Love is in the air and a romantic, heart-felt toast is underway. Feel the love on a wine tasting date — the perfect way to spend some quality time with your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day…or you can have good times with good wine and good friends with a double date on the wine trail! It’s the ideal place for wine enthusiasts and romantics to celebrate the holiday of love.
- New Vintage Wine Trail — April In April, taste your way along the Grapevine wine trail during the Blessing of the Vines and New Vintage Wine & Gallery Trail. The New Vintage Wine Trail offers a memorable journey to experience first-hand the many unique winery tasting rooms of Grapevine. Complimentary shuttle service is available to all of Grapevine’s winery tasting rooms.
- Hallo-Wine Trail – October, The Hallo-Wine Trail guarantees a spook-tacular time! The wine trail includes visits to eight wineries in Grapevine and features a thrilling Murder Mystery. Clues to the mystery may be found at each winery. Costumes are encouraged along the Hallo-Wine Trail.
For more information on Grapevine’s Urban Wine Trail, please contact the Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau.